Day 4 – Most Recent RPG Purchase
I’m going to include the most recent RPG that I backed on Kickstarter than has actually arrived to me for this one (mainly as I’m not sure what my most recent purchase outside of that is as life has been rather chaotic the last few months).
So, my most recent RPG purchase was for ‘Jadepunk: Tales From Kausao City’, a FATE-based steampunk wuxia setting by Reroll Productions.
To quote them…. “Overthrow oppression in Jadepunk! You are the Jianghu – a loose society of likeminded, yet quarrelsome, individuals and organizations. Using powerful Jadetech devices and martial arts techniques, you stand against oppression and injustice. Though you are few, the Council fears you, for you have the most powerful weapon in Kausao City – the hearts and minds of the people. Unite them, and they will fight with you.
Jadepunk: Tales From Kausao City is a Fate Core roleplaying game about rebellious wuxia heroes in a fictional steampunk setting. Within its pages you will find:
- An original setting that fuses the themes of Western steampunk and Asian wuxia.
- The "Storytelling System" of creating character aspects that immerses them into the setting.
- A comprehensive Asset system that lets you make any kind of device, martial arts technique, or companion you can imagine.
- New dueling mechanics that use the contest system for fast and furious combat that won't have the rest of your group sitting idly by.
- Streamlined rules for gamemasters that give them the power to create scenes on the fly with the use of the "Scene Fractal".
- A new way of creating minor NPCs that takes no prep time. "Faces" give you everything you need to make an unimportant NPC feel alive and memorable.
I’ve not managed to even read any of it as yet, yet alone play a game, but they’ve already got a few supplements out on PDF (which I also got via the Kickstarter) and I’d like to think I’ll be able to give it a go at somepoint!
(To find out more about #RPGaDAY please check out http://autocratik.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/rpgaday-in-august.html)