1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Mostly quite boring and ‘responsible’ stuff such as hiring a cleaner for the house. I also tried a few ‘irresponsible’ things in 2004 for the first time but as this is an open journal I’ll keep those to myself thank you very much :-p
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t do the whole ‘New Years Resolution’ thing and doubt I will in the future.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not yet. Although Sean from work and his missus (Yoshi) are about to give birth to this first child any day now.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I think I visited the least countries this year than any other year I can remember. The entire roll-call this year consists of
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Free time, enthusiasm, creativity, the winning numbers in the lottery.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
3 dates actually. February 14th because we moved house. May 22nd because Sarah first stayed over and November 2nd because it was Election Day in the US and I ended up staying up for hours watching the damn thing realising that something had gone horribly wrong.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I guess it was probably organising Dragonmeet in terms of the biggest thing I’ve been involved in.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Pissed off that I failed to actually get any of the things we, as Cubicle 7, wanted to publish actually published this year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I’ve not been the most well bunny this year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I have no idea. Either some of my CDs or a pair of ‘clubbing’ trousers when I was over in Nuremburg.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
To be honest I’m not sure if anyone’s behaviour has merited celebration this year. Sorry folks.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I’ll take the fifth on this one. There’s been a couple of people I’ve been disappointed in this year but hopefully I’ll see both of them more in 2005 and they’ll both get their shit together.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Delphine’s visit. Seeing Bug. Am very excited about finally getting to see both Casshern and Immortel Ad Vitem this
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Probably something by either Franz Ferdinand or The Scissor Sisters.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Bit of both for various reasons.
ii. thinner or fatter? Not sure, possibly thinner
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer for sure.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Travelling and seeing friends
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being depressed and arguing.
20. How will you be spending
At my Mum’s with my three sisters.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
I finally broke my (semi) self-imposed fast and started going out with the lovely Sarah this year.
23. How many one-night stands?
One that has now ended up being over six months and counting.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
A good shag.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
So far, Lost in Translation -OR- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I’m planning on running down my top ten films and top ten live bands of 2004 once the year is actually over. Haven’t decided which of the above is my favourite as yet and haven’t seen films such as The Incredibles which may rank fairly highly by the sound of things.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 32. I held a mini-celebration down at B-Movie the Friday before but my actual birthday (a Sunday) I spent with my mother and sisters eating good food and having good conversation.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Seeing Bug a lot more -AND- getting at least one of the books published and in the shops.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Same as in any year from about 1986 onwards I’m afraid. I haven’t changed my ‘fashion’ much is almost twenty years.
34. What kept you sane?
Friends, Southern Comfort, music.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Same as last year – the War in
37. Who did you miss?
Delphine and Bug. Also older friends such as Nick and Dawn, Barbie
38. Who was the best new person you met?
This would have to be Sarah.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Never trust someone who promises to get something to you by a deadline.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Sorry, can’t think of any. My years been weird so I’ll opt for an atmospheric, sometimes brooding, instrumental.