1. I seem to have too many interests for this 'Interests Montague' thing to work for me. Probably best too as it'd just come up with a load of porn probably as it has for some of you guys too...:p
2. Tomorrow (Tuesday 22nd August 2006) could be the start of the end, apparently. No, I'm not talking about my dentist appointment but about world affairs and the advent of WWIII. Hopefully it won't start until atleast my dentist has finished drilling and filling as I don't want to be living in the aftermath with tooth ache! We'll see though. Apart from it being 'predicted' by some mystics some military analysts have also pinpointed tomorrow as a day of potential major change and Iran and several other countries (including some South American ones and North Korea) have apparently quoted the 22nd as a 'pivotal' point. I read some American neo-cons suggesting it's the day that Iran launches a nuclear strike against Israel (only to be foiled and then pummelled into the ground by joint Israeli-American forces). We'll see what actually happens. Mrs Higgins cat from #43 will probably get stuck in a tree or something equally noteworthy though...
3. Numbing gel is my friend.
4. Gameforce yesterday had another good turnout (42 through the door). I didn't play anything throughout the day due to door duty (and my tooth not exactly making me feel like doing anything) but did have a couple of games of Save Dr Lucky once it'd gone 8pm which were fun. More RPGs were played yesterday including Golden Heroes which I would have played if possible. The club is going well which is really nice to see and also seems to have attracted a really nice friendly crowd which is even better :)
5. Dragonmeet is shaping up to be a good one this year. Will have to post a full update (and update the website) when I get back from Reading Festival.
6. I should go to bed.
7. Goodnight dear Readers.
I feel sick and faint and my stomache won't stop rumbling.
It's amazing the power of your subconcious over your actual body isn't it.
I know that this isn't going to be anywhere near as bad as my subconsious fears and I know it has to be done.
But still, something inside me is trying to resist.
Well it can shut up because I don't have any other choice.
Dentist in 45 minutes it is then.
Well, that was that. All the worry, fretting and more worry.
The dentist trip was nowhere near as bad as I had envisioned (they rarely are I suppose) but it was only part one of hopefully two (or more if I'm unlucky).
Basically my 18 years away from the dentist chair have apparently been very well spent. My gums are in perfect condition and all my teeth - apart from one I am having toothache in - are also in fine shape (although he does want a closer look next time at a second tooth to make sure...).
Anyway, the tooth I've been having problems in has collapsed in one of it's sections. It's one of the teeth on my top left hand row second from the back. I think I know when the collapse happened too as I remember thinking my tooth was rather 'sharp' a couple of months ago - whoops... Anyway, the x-rays seemed to indicate that the problem doesn't go as far as either the root of the tooth or the nerves. But to make sure I've had a dressing put on to protect the tooth over the Reading Festival weekend. If the pain subsides over the next day or so then it isn't affecting the nerve - if it carries on then it is.
I have another appointment next Thursday morning when I will be getting injected regardless of the outcome this weekend. The main difference is whether or not it will just be a filling (costing £90) or if it'll be root canal work followed by a cap (costing about £825). I know which I'm hoping for in both terms of expense and discomfort...
I found the dentist very pleasent and friendly and he even turned out to be an ex-roleplayer. So we ended up chatting about D&D and roleplay and wargames in general which I guess helped calm my nerves further! Roleplayers - they get everywhere...:p