About time too, if i do say so myself. Which I do. Good luck Dave!
ASFA Chesley Awards Ballot
This is the official ballot for the 20th annual ASFA awards, the Chesleys. The Chesley, named for the great astronomical artist, Chesley Bonestell, started in 1985 as a means for the SF and Fantasy art community to recognize individual works and achievements during a given year. This year's awards are for works and achievements in the period from January 1 to December 31, 2004.
Art works and achievements by non-ASFA members are eligible for the Chesley awards, but you must be a regular, life, or associate ASFA member to vote. Vote for only one nominee in each category.
We have done our best to provide links to view the works; however at the time of publication, not all were easily accessible on the web. Please check the asfa-art.org sites for updates.
Best Gaming Related Illustration
* Dave Allsop for Boneclaw interior for Monster Manual III, a D&D accessory (WotC, September 2004)
* Ed Cox for Sea Kin Haggling interior for Races of Destiny, a D&D Race Series accessory (WoTC, December 2004)
* Les Edwards cover for Creature of Havoc, a Fighting Fantasy game book (I Books, '04)
* William O'Connor for Training a Dire Badger interior for Races of Stone, a D&D Race Series accessory (WoTC, August 2004)
* Mark Zug cover for Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed, a Variant players handbook (Malhavoc Press)