Interviewed by ria_saakshi:
1. You adore your music, what does it bring to your life? What do you think it says about you and your world view?
Music is a very powerful emotive tool for me. It can take me away and make me forget the here and now, it can make me dream, weep, angry and immensely happy. I would be incredibly sad if there was no more music in the world and am very pleased that there is so much variation of styles. My tastes are very varied – but I obviously prefer certain types to others – but I don’t think I’ve come across a single particular ‘genre’ that I’ve 100% hated. Although Acid House came close…
What does it say about me? I dunno. I’m a dreamer? My tastes are so eclectic that I’m very open and to new ideas and liberal? I think it basically says that I like music for music’s sake – not because of the politics, fashion or motive behind it.
2. Name one author of a book, game (console, pc, board, tableT, whatever) or a script (film or tv) who has NO RIGHT to be as popular as he is... and you mean it - its a crime to humanity that its that popular...
Christ, I don’t know. There are authors that I personally think are over-rated (such as Stephen King) but I don’t think I could ever call one a crime to humanity. (I did start a rant about religious texts after this but as no one will ever know who wrote them I deleted it as I can’t name the author and was letting my rant run away with itself…)
3. An Englishman's home is his castle; a tour if you please m'Lord... (real or imaginary I am not fussed)
Heh – I have a lounge, it is full of books, games and DVDs. I have a kitchen, it is full of games. I have a bedroom, it is full of books, CDs and games. I have a cupboard under the stairs, it is full of games. I have an attic, this has some books and games in. I have a bathroom, this is surprisingly game and book free. I also have two housemates whose rooms tend to be free of games although books and DVDs are indeed present but they are girls so you can’t see much through all the clothes and shoes scattered around the room!
I have a lovely pretty large house. It is fab. But it is maybe a bit too cluttered with certain items. I need a bigger house. One with a dedicated library, music room and games area. Ho hum…
4. Do you think you are a good subject of this country and a good citizen of the world? Do you think its important to be a good citizen? What do you think your duties are as a member of society to society? (its a Trinity question with one answer so I am not cheating!!)
Being a good citizen in my eyes is possibly different from that of the governments. I think people should treat fellow men and women (of all ages, races, etc) with respect. As long as people are not hurting someone else (unless it’s S&M play with consent) or promoting hatred/harm then I think they should be allowed the freedom to do whatever they like without interference.
It doesn’t cost a penny to smile at someone, to open a door or give someone your seat on the bus/tube who needs it more, etc. It’s small little things that everyone can (and should) be doing to make people’s lives more enjoyable and less stressful.
In that respects I think I am a good citizen of the country.
I am currently not a good citizen of the world though as I don’t recycle enough, conserve energy and food, and a hundred other things that need doing to help conserve Earth’s supplies.
5. If you could straighten your hair would you?
Not any more. When I was a teen I tried for a while but it didn’t really work and then I decided I actually really liked my hair the way it is/was.