1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Went to Serbia.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I’m not sure if I made any. I sort of having a “standing order” resolution of visiting atleast one country that I’ve never been to before. In that case, yes, I succeeded in keeping it. Probably do the same again in 2009 although there are LOTS of things I’m intending to do next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don’t think so. I think that was 2007’s big fad.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Scotland, France, Serbia, Germany, USA. I think that was it.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Time (Like that’s going to happen ), money or maybe a proper girlfriend. Mind you an inproper girlfriend would be just as preferable :p
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None really. Had lots of highlights and memories this year but couldn’t remember the dates.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I wouldn’t say I had a biggest achievement this year. I’d say lots of ground work has been laid for big achievements to possibly take place next year. I’m proud of the way Cubicle 7 has grown this year and the things we have in the pipeline, I’m pleased with how Dragonmeet went and the future events and plans we have for 2009 onwards. I guess I’d say my biggest achievement this year is the plans and steps we’ve made for making 2009 a big year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I guess not being honest about my feelings to someone thus causing them some pain.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A few colds but nothing serious.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Various CDs – The Kills, Assemblage 23, Mind.In.A.Box, Sohodolls, etc.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hmmm... I think I'd have to say actualsean .</o:p>
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Various politicians of a variety of nationalities.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and rent most likely. Other than that on CDs and DVDs.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I rarely get really, really excited about anything. Probably going to the last ever four Mission shows at Shepherds Bush Empire though.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
There are so many songs each year I really couldn’t identify myself t one. Sorry.
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter, probably.
iii. richer or poorer? Looking at my current bank balance compared to the one at the end of last year I’d probably say slightly richer – but it’s rather academic.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I *spent* Christmas at my mothers with my three sisters and one of their boyfriends.
21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2008?
I wouldn’t say anything really embarrassing happened this year.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
23. How many one-night stands?
People seem to have different definitions on what constitutes a one-night stand. In my books I’ve had zero this year. Depending on definitions this may change slightly.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Oh so much. Innerpartysystem if I have to name one though.
28. What did you want and get?
A few things.
29. What did you want and not get?
A few other things.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Worked during the day (it was a Friday) and then went to a local pub with a bunch of the guys for food and drinks followed by a dvd back at mine. I was 36.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I think I’d be hit if I said that on my Journal :p
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
See 1987 thru 2007.
34. What kept you sane?</o:p>
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I usually have a hard time with these sorts of questions but I actually, currently, have an answer straight away (and it’s not Scarlett Johansson in Lost in Translation for a change). Evangeline Lilly who plays ‘Kate’ in Lost (I just started watching Season 1 recently for the first time).
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Probably the American Election.
37. Who did you miss?
Cressida - it's rare to find someone with as wicked and dark sense of humour and intelligent quick wit. Doubly hard when it's no longer there.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Blimey, that’s hard. Probably sunnywigan .
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
It’s ok to go on holiday and get away from things for a few days.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.